We are looking for an experienced technical leader to join as Engineer #1 of the backend team.
What you'll do
- Design, build, and maintain all backend services and APIs.
- Translate visual pipelines into high-performance data computations.
- Collaborate with Product & Design to build delightful data experiences.
- Shape the engineering culture, processes, and tooling.
- Use technologies such as Python, Tornado, Spark, and various scientific libraries.
- Have 5+ years of experience in building large-scale distributed systems.
- Are passionate about building better tools for data transformation.
- Take pride in building well-architected, performant systems.
- Build a new API for performing data transformation.
- Translate visual operations (such as data preparation, data blending, or machine learning) into modular backend code.
- Create a system to quickly sample large datasets.
- Build a service to run data processing jobs on a periodic schedule.
Our mission is to empower everyone in the organization to solve data problems, in a visual way. We are building the Webflow for Data—a product that allows data workers to transform and analyze data, without waiting for developers.
We are an early-stage company, looking to build a founding team that can shape the direction of the product. We’re seed-funded and remote-first.